Accounts Payable Specialist
Columbia Commercial Building Products is seeking a skilled Accounts Payable Specialist to record all financial transactions. The role will have ownership of the A/P process and will be responsible for processing all transactions timely and accurately. This role works closely with management, manufacturing, internal buyers, and warehouse team. This is a highly visible role reporting directly to the Director of Finance. An organized and efficient team player is needed!
- Ownership of full A/P process. Coordinate receipt, matching, verification, proper expense coding, data entry, and payment of Accounts Payable invoices and check requests, ensuring all appropriate approvals have been received.
- Perform weekly check runs (check/wire/ACH)
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of vendor invoices; researching, analyzing and resolving discrepancies and reconciling statements.
- Manage questions from vendors regarding payment status or other concerns and dispute resolution.
- Responsible for setup/close vendor accounts.
- Maintain & reconcile pre-paid account.
- Complete month end close processes and reconciliations; maintain manual and electronic filing records.
- Assist with identifying issues, troubleshooting and heavy interaction with the
Accounting team, vendors/customers and leadership team.
- Assist manufacturing by entering bills of material and back flushing completed projects.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned.
Associate’s Degree in Accounting preferred with 2-4 years of experience in manufacturing. Strong understanding of General Ledger systems and Accounts Payable processing.
CCBP offers a generous benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, PTO, Company Paid Life/AD&D as well as Short and Long Term Disability.