Columbia Commercial Building Products is seeking a Full-time Shipping Supervisor to join our team, located in Rockwall, Texas. This individual will report to the Plant Manager.
- Managing inbound and or outbound freight flow
- Provide leadership and accountability to team of drivers
- Ensure facility Key Performance Indicator (KPI) goals are met and/or exceeded
- Maintain a safe work environment compliant with state and federal DOT/OSHA standards
- Ensuring drivers fill out proper paperwork
- Communicate with internal and external customer to ensure truck loads are complete and meet customer expectations
- Supervises, evaluates, promotes, and enforces compliance with company policies/rules/procedures.
- Complete forklift job training knowledge and uses a forklift as necessary within the service center.
- Conducts daily inspections to ensure compliance with local state, federal safety regulations, as well as OSHA Compliance, and DOT (Department of Transportation) compliance.
- Strive for continuous improvement in all areas of service center operations
- Makes quick and informed decisions based on the volume levels and communicates schedule to affected employees.
- Works assigned shift/s as needed, must be available to work depending upon customer pick up and delivery schedules.
- 5 – 7 years of related experience in Warehousing, Receiving or Inventory Control, ideally within a manufacturing environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, demanding warehouse environment
- Ability to train and develop warehouse personnel
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Must be certified to operate and able to train warehouse staff to operate fork lifts and other material handling equipment
- Must be well versed with DOT regulations
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and ability to learn our proprietary WMS
- Safety minded
- Applicant must be authorized to work in the United States
- Preferred: Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
CCBP offers a generous benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, PTO, Company Paid Life/AD&D as well as Short and Long Term Disability.